Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, & Repair Workers
Maintenance Aide, Maintenance Helper, Mechanic Helper, Technician's Helper
- Install or replace machinery, equipment, and new or replacement parts and instruments, using hand or power tools.
- Examine and test machinery, equipment, components, and parts for defects to ensure proper functioning.
- Tend and observe equipment and machinery to verify efficient and safe operation.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Word processing software
- Atlas Construction Business Forms
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Computer aided design CAD software
- HVAC tools software
Get started on your career: