Apprentice Electrician, Electrical Apprentice, Electrician Helper, Electrician's Helper
What they do:
Help electricians by performing duties requiring less skill. Duties include using, supplying or holding materials or tools, and cleaning work area and equipment.
On the job, you would:
- Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using measuring instruments and hand tools.
- Trace out short circuits in wiring, using test meter.
- Strip insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers, and attach wires to terminals for subsequent soldering.
Arts and Humanities
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
Math and Science
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- put together small parts with your fingers
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
Word processing software
- Report generation software
high school diploma/GED or
certificate after high school
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
- Cleaning, Washing, & Metal Pickling Equipment Operators & Tenders
- Extruding & Drawing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Helpers--Brickmasons, Blockmasons, Stonemasons, & Tile & Marble Setters
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Plating & Coating Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
You might like a career in one of these industries: