Shoe & Leather Workers & Repairers
Boot Maker, Cutter, Shoe Maker, Shoe Repairer
- Dye, soak, polish, paint, stamp, stitch, stain, buff, or engrave leather or other materials to obtain desired effects, decorations, or shapes.
- Cut out parts, following patterns or outlines, using knives, shears, scissors, or machine presses.
- Construct, decorate, or repair leather products according to specifications, using sewing machines, needles and thread, leather lacing, glue, clamps, hand tools, or rivets.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- customer service
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- group things in different ways
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Bookkeeping software
- Financial accounting software
Point of sale POS software
- Sale processing software
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: