Box Spring Upholsterer, Upholstered Goods Crafter, Upholsterer, Upholstery Cutter
- Fit, install, and secure material on frames, using hand tools, power tools, glue, cement, or staples.
- Measure and cut new covering materials, using patterns and measuring and cutting instruments, following sketches and design specifications.
- Build furniture up with loose fiber stuffing, cotton, felt, or foam padding to form smooth, rounded surfaces.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- order or arrange things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Social Orientation
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Intuit QuickBooks
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: