Tailors, Dressmakers, & Custom Sewers
Alterations Sewer, Dressmaker, Seamstress, Tailor
- Measure parts, such as sleeves or pant legs, and mark or pin-fold alteration lines.
- Remove stitches from garments to be altered, using rippers or razor blades.
- Sew garments, using needles and thread or sewing machines.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
- Bookkeeping software
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: