Crushing, Grinding, & Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
Crusher Operator, Grinder Operator, Machine Operator, Mill Operator
What they do:Set up, operate, or tend machines to crush, grind, or polish materials, such as coal, glass, grain, stone, food, or rubber.
On the job, you would:
- Observe operation of equipment to ensure continuity of flow, safety, and efficient operation, and to detect malfunctions.
- Examine materials, ingredients, or products, visually or with hands, to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Move controls to start, stop, or adjust machinery and equipment that crushes, grinds, polishes, or blends materials.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
- change when and how fast you move based on how something else is moving
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Email software
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- SAP software
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Cutting & Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Grinding & Polishing Workers, Hand
- Grinding, Lapping, Polishing, & Buffing Machine Tool Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Metal & Plastic
- Machine Feeders & Offbearers
- Woodworking Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about crushing, grinding, and polishing machine setters, operators, and tenders.