Extruding, Forming, Pressing, & Compacting Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
Extruder Operator, Extrusion Operator, Machine Operator, Press Operator
What they do:Set up, operate, or tend machines, such as glass-forming machines, plodder machines, and tuber machines, to shape and form products such as glassware, food, rubber, soap, brick, tile, clay, wax, tobacco, or cosmetics.
On the job, you would:
- Adjust machine components to regulate speeds, pressures, and temperatures, and amounts, dimensions, and flow of materials or ingredients.
- Press control buttons to activate machinery and equipment.
- Examine, measure, and weigh materials or products to verify conformance to standards, using measuring devices such as templates, micrometers, or scales.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- change when and how fast you move based on how something else is moving
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
- communicate by speaking
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
Enterprise resource planning ERP software
- SAP software
Education: (rated 2 of 5)
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Adhesive Bonding Machine Operators & Tenders
- Cutting & Slicing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Extruding & Forming Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders, Synthetic & Glass Fibers
- Machine Feeders & Offbearers
- Paper Goods Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about extruding, forming, pressing, and compacting machine setters, operators, and tenders.