Painting, Coating, & Decorating Workers
Decorator, Glazer, Painter, Pottery Decorator
- Apply coatings, such as paint, ink, or lacquer, to protect or decorate workpiece surfaces, using spray guns, pens, or brushes.
- Examine finished surfaces of workpieces to verify conformance to specifications and retouch any defective areas.
- Clean and maintain tools and equipment, using solvents, brushes, and rags.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Microsoft Excel
Office suite software
- Corel WordPerfect Office Suite
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: