Etchers & Engravers
Chemical Engraver, Engraver, Etcher, Photo Engraver
- Inspect etched work for depth of etching, uniformity, and defects, using calibrated microscopes, gauges, fingers, or magnifying lenses.
- Examine sketches, diagrams, samples, blueprints, or photographs to decide how designs are to be etched, cut, or engraved onto workpieces.
- Clean and polish engraved areas.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Illustrator
- Corel CorelDraw Graphics Suite
Computer aided manufacturing CAM software
- Delcam ArtCAM Express
- Western Engravers Supply Vision EXPERT
Operating system software
- Microsoft Windows
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: