Transportation Vehicle, Equipment & Systems Inspectors
Carman, Inspector, Smog Technician, Transit Vehicle Inspector
- Inspect vehicles or other equipment for evidence of abuse, damage, or mechanical malfunction.
- Inspect vehicles or equipment to ensure compliance with rules, standards, or regulations.
- Inspect repairs to transportation vehicles or equipment to ensure that repair work was performed properly.
Engineering and Technology
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Commercial driver's license information system CDLIS
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: