Inspectors, Testers, Sorters, Samplers, & Weighers
Inspector, Quality Control Inspector (QC Inspector), Quality Inspector, Quality Technician
- Discard or reject products, materials, or equipment not meeting specifications.
- Mark items with details, such as grade or acceptance-rejection status.
- Measure dimensions of products to verify conformance to specifications, using measuring instruments, such as rulers, calipers, gauges, or micrometers.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
Desktop communications software
Analytical or scientific software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
certificate after high school
Get started on your career: