Industrial Machinery Mechanics
Fixer, Loom Fixer, Maintenance Mechanic, Maintenance Technician
What they do:
Repair, install, adjust, or maintain industrial production and processing machinery or refinery and pipeline distribution systems.
On the job, you would:
- Repair or maintain the operating condition of industrial production or processing machinery or equipment.
- Repair or replace broken or malfunctioning components of machinery or equipment.
- Disassemble machinery or equipment to remove parts and make repairs.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Arts and Humanities
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- planning and doing the basic maintenance on equipment
- repairing machines or systems using the right tools
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- quickly change the controls of a machine, car, truck or boat
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
Hearing and Speech
- tell the difference between sounds
- pay attention to one sound while there are other distracting sounds
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Data entry software
- Maintenance planning and control software
Industrial control software
- BIT Corp ProMACS PLC
- Supervisory control and data acquisition SCADA software