Certification: Stroke Certified Registered Nurse (SCRN)
4700 W. Lake Avenue, Glenview, IL 60025-1485
The SCRN certification will distinguish you from your colleagues and give you a sense of professional accomplishment. The purpose of certification in stroke nursing is to promote excellence and professionalism as well as provide assurance to healthcare employers and the public that individuals possess the necessary skills, knowledge, and experience in stroke care to perform competently.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.
- This certification is related to military occupational specialties.