Certification: International Board Certified Lactation Consultant (IBCLC)
7309 Arlington Blvd., Suite 300, Falls Church, VA 22042-3215
An IBCLE or International Board Certified Lactation Consultant is a specialist that has taken and passed the IBLCE exam to earn that credential. The IBCLC credential is widely recognized as the gold standard in lactation management. It signifies a health care provider who possesses the necessary skills and knowledge to provide substantive breastfeeding assistance and skilled technical lactation management.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.
- This certification is considered in demand.
- This certification is accredited by the National Commission for Certifying Agencies (NCCA).