Certification: Certified Public Procurement Officer (CPPO)
201 East Main Street, Suite 1405, Lexington, KY 40507
he CPPO program is geared towards individuals in leadership and management positions within a public/governmental entity. These individuals may or may not be performing the buying for the public entity, but do either supervise a staff of buyers, the procurement department, the public agency, etc. or manage at least one essential function of the procurement cycle.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher and has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years, or requires obtaining a ‘core’ level certification from the same organization.