Certification: Certified Agricultural Irrigation Specialist (CAIS)
Certified agricultural irrigation specialists manage and operate on-farm irrigation systems,Understand surface irrigation methods and pressurized systems, including micro-irrigation and sprinklers. Evaluate crops and determine water availability and use requirements,.understand soil-plant-water relationships and how salinity affects irrigation, select the most effective irrigation methods and equipment for the application and. develop efficient and cost-effective irrigation schedules that meet the crop's water requirement.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 1 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.