Certification: Pupil Transportation Specialist (CPTS)
Certification as a Pupil Transportation Specialist is available for those individuals who qualify as paraprofessionals in the pupil transportation industry. To qualify for this certification, applicants must demonstrate the ability to carry out responsibilities at the middle management level and have at least three years experience in a pupil transportation position with responsibility commensurate with the category of certification.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
- The certification does not have a minimum education level or has an education level below a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree and the certification does not have a minimum requirement for work experience or requires two or less years of work experience.
- The certification has an education level of an Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree or higher, but has a work experience requirement of less than 2 years of work experience.
- The certification has a work experience requirement of more than 2 years but does not require a two-year Associates of Arts or Associates of Sciences degree.