Certification: Certified Director of Nursing in Long Term Care (CDON/LTC)
Reed Hartman Tower, 11353 Reed Hartman Highway, Suite 210, Cincinnati OH 45241
Since 1989, the National Association Directors of Nursing Administration in Long Term Care(NADONA/LTC) has been certifying Directors of Nursing and Assistant Directors of Nursing in Long Term Care facilities. Over 1800 DON's have been certified through this program.
- More than two years of education or training after high school required?
- More than two years of work experience required?
- Oral or Written Exam Required?
- Renewal Required?
- Every 5 Year(s)
- Renew through Continuing Educational Units(CEU)?
- Renew through Re-Examination?
- Renew through Continuing Professional Development(CPD)?
- Does applicant have choice of at least two options from above for renewal (CEU, CPD, or exam)?
The certification corresponds to a specialty within a recognized occupation. For example, Oncology Nurse and Pediatric Nurse are specialties within the nursing field, so Certified Oncology Nurse and Certified Pediatric Nurse would be classified as specialty certifications.