Construction Estimator, Cost Analyst, Cost Estimator, Estimator
Select a military branch to see samples.
Cost Analysis; Financial Management
Acquisition; Contract and Industrial Management; Contracting Noncommissioned Officer (NCO); Engineer; Financial ManagerNo similar titles were found.
Combat Engineer; Operational Contract Support Specialist
Advanced Engineering Aide; Comptroller; Construction Planner and Estimator Specialist; Designated Project Business Administrator; Engineering Aid; SC - Civil Engineer Corps; Undersea Weapons Project Officer; Weapons Control Systems Project Officer (General); Weapons Control Systems Project Officer (Surface); Weapons Equipment Project Officer
What they do:Prepare cost estimates for product manufacturing, construction projects, or services to aid management in bidding on or determining price of product or service. May specialize according to particular service performed or type of product manufactured.
On the job, you would:
- Collect historical cost data to estimate costs for current or future products.
- Consult with clients, vendors, personnel in other departments, or construction foremen to discuss and formulate estimates and resolve issues.
- Prepare estimates used by management for purposes such as planning, organizing, and scheduling work.
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- building and construction
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- accounting and economics
- using math to solve problems
- reading work related information
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Project management software
- Microsoft Project
- Oracle Primavera Enterprise Project Portfolio Management
Word processing software
- Microsoft OneNote
- Microsoft Word
Financial analysis software
- CPR Visual Estimator
- Primavera Cost Management
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Civil Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Construction Managers
- Industrial Engineers
- Logistics Engineers
- Production, Planning, & Expediting Clerks
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about cost estimators.