Laser Engineer, Optical Design Engineer, Optical Engineer, Optical Systems Engineer
see titles from the Air Force, Coast Guard, or Navy.
Scientific Applications Specialist
Electronics Specialty; Electronics Technician
Fire Controlman; Fire Controlman (AEGIS)
What they do:
Design technologies specializing in light information or light energy, such as laser or fiber optics technology.
On the job, you would:
- Analyze system performance or operational requirements.
- Develop optical or imaging systems, such as optical imaging products, optical components, image processes, signal process technologies, or optical systems.
- Develop or test photonic prototypes or models.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- order or arrange things
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
Analytical or scientific software