Electrical & Electronic Engineering Technologists & Technicians
Electronics Engineering Technician, Engineering Technician (Engineering Tech), Engineering Technologist, Technologist
Select a military branch to see samples.
Advanced Fighter Aircraft Integrated Avionics; Airborne Mission Systems Specialist Journeyman, C-37; Aircraft Electrical And Environmental Systems Journeyman; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Journeyman, E-3 Computer/Electronic Warfare Systems; Bomber/Special Integrated Instrument and Flight Control Systems Helper, E-3; Fighter Aircraft Integrated Avionics; Missile And Space Systems Electronic Maintenance Craftsman; Mobility Air Forces Integrated Instrument and Flight Control Systems Apprentice, C-5; Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory Superintendent; Sensor Operator Superintendent, AC-130J
AH-64 Armament/Electrical/Avionics Systems Repairer; Ammunition Specialist; Avionic Mechanic; Cyberspace and Electromagnetic Activities (CEMA) Senior Sergeant (CEMA Sr SGT); Electronic Warfare Technician; Interior Electrician; Military Intelligence (MI) Systems Maintainer/Integrator; Radar Repairer; Senior Electronic Maintenance Supervisor; Special Forces Communications Sergeant
Aids to Navigation; Aviation Engineering Specialty; Damage Controlman; Electrician's Mate; Electronics Technician; Gunner's Mate; Information Systems Management; Machinery Technician; Marine Safety Specialist Engineer; Naval Engineering Specialty
AN/TRC-170 Technician; Aircraft Avionics Technician, CH-53; Aircraft Electrical Systems Technician, F/A-18; Aviation Logistics Information Management System (ALIMS) Specialist; Communication/Navigation/Cryptographic/Countermeasures Systems Technician, IMA; Electronics Maintenance Officer Aviation Command and Control (C2); Fixed-Wing Aircraft Airframe Mechanic-Trainee; Fixed-Wing Aircraft Power Plants Mechanic, F-402; Fixed-Wing Aircraft Safety Equipment Mechanic, KC-130/V-22; Microminiature Repairer
5"/54 Caliber Gun System MK 45 Mod 1 and 2 Maintenanceman; AEGIS Weapon System MK-7 (BL 3/5) Technician/AEGIS Display System Supervisor; AN/SQQ-89(V)15 Sonar System Level II Technician; Air Traffic Control Communications Technician; Common Submarine Radio Room (CSRR) Equipment Operator; Electronics Technician, Nuclear Power; Integrated Voice Communication Network (IVCN) Maintenance Technician; Missile Technician TRIDENT II SWS MK 98 MOD 6; SSBN SSI4 Electronics Technician (Navigation) Maintainer; Submarine Navigation ManagerNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Apply electrical and electronic theory and related knowledge, usually under the direction of engineering staff, to design, build, repair, adjust, and modify electrical components, circuitry, controls, and machinery for subsequent evaluation and use by engineering staff in making engineering design decisions.
On the job, you would:
- Modify, maintain, or repair electronics equipment or systems to ensure proper functioning.
- Replace defective components or parts, using hand tools and precision instruments.
- Set up and operate specialized or standard test equipment to diagnose, test, or analyze the performance of electronic components, assemblies, or systems.
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- customer service
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
- keep your arm or hand steady
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- The MathWorks MATLAB
- Wolfram Research Mathematica
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk Revit
- Bentley MicroStation
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Calibration Technologists & Technicians
- Electrical & Electronics Repairers, Commercial & Industrial Equipment
- Electronics Engineers
- Mechanical Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Robotics Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about electrical and electronic engineering technologists and technicians.