see titles from the Air Force or Navy.
Physicist/Nuclear Engineer; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, ABM (if Prefix N); Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, Airlift; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, Bomber; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, Fighter; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, General; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, Helicopter or EWO; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, RPA; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, Special Operations; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, Tanker; Physicist/Nuclear Engineer, Trainer
What they do:
Design, develop, or supervise the production of materials, devices, or systems of unique molecular or macromolecular composition, applying principles of nanoscale physics and electrical, chemical, or biological engineering.
On the job, you would:
- Write proposals to secure external funding or to partner with other companies.
- Synthesize, process, or characterize nanomaterials, using advanced tools or techniques.
- Supervise technologists or technicians engaged in nanotechnology research or production.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- talking to others
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks
Analytical or scientific software
- Dassault Systemes Abaqus