Aerospace Engineering & Operations Technologists & Technicians
Avionics Technician, Engineering Technician, Instrumentation Technician, Test Technician
Select a military branch to see samples.
Advanced Fighter Aircraft Integrated Avionics; Airborne Mission Systems Specialist Apprentice, E-8; Aircraft Armament Systems Apprentice, F-35; Avionics Superintendent; Bomber/Special Electronic Warfare and Radar Surveillance Integrated Avionics Journeyman, E-3 Radar Surveillance; Bomber/Special Integrated Instrument and Flight Control Systems Helper, E-8; Helicopter/Tiltrotor Aircraft Maintenance Journeyman, MHU-139; Mobility Air Forces Integrated Instrument and Flight Control Systems; Refuel/Bomber Aircraft Maintenance Helper, B-52; Special Operations Forces/Personnel Recovery (SOF/PR) Integrated Communication/Navigation/Mission Systems
AH-64 Armament/Electrical/Avionics Systems Repairer; Air Defense (AD) Enhanced Early Warning System Operator; Aircraft Components Repair Supervisor; Aircraft Pneudraulics Repairer; Armament/Electrical/Avionics Repair Supervisor; Automatic Test Systems Operator/Maintainer; Aviation Officer; Avionic Mechanic; MQ-1 Repairer; RQ-7 Repairer
Aviation Engineering Specialty; Aviation Maintenance Technician; Avionics Electrical Technician; Electronics Specialty
Aeronautical Engineer; Aircraft Avionics Technician, V-22; Aircraft Electronic Countermeasures Systems Technician, EA-6B; Avionics Chief; Fixed-Wing Aircraft Airframe Mechanic, F/A-18; Fixed-Wing Aircraft Mechanic, EA-6; Fixed-Wing Aircraft Safety Equipment Mechanic, AV-8/TAV-8; Helicopter Airframe Mechanic, CH-53; Helicopter Power Plants Mechanic, T-64; Test Pilot/Flight Test Project Officer
A/F 37T-21 Aircraft Engine Components Test Stand; Aircraft Electronic Identification (IFF) IMA Technician; Aviation Electrician's Mate; Aviation Tactical Readiness Officer; E-2C Hawkeye 2000 Systems Organizational Initial Maintenance Technician; Electronic Installation and Maintenance Planning Officer (Aviation); Guided Missile Type Project Officer (Ship-Launched); MH-60S Systems Organizational Career Maintenance Technician; Space Acquisition Officer; TacMobile Maintenance System Technician
Space Systems Operations; Space Systems Operations Apprentice; Space Systems Operations Craftsman; Space Systems Operations Helper; Space Systems Operations Journeyman
What they do:Operate, install, adjust, and maintain integrated computer/communications systems, consoles, simulators, and other data acquisition, test, and measurement instruments and equipment, which are used to launch, track, position, and evaluate air and space vehicles. May record and interpret test data.
On the job, you would:
- Test aircraft systems under simulated operational conditions, performing systems readiness tests and pre- and post-operational checkouts, to establish design or fabrication parameters.
- Identify required data, data acquisition plans, and test parameters, setting up equipment to conform to these specifications.
- Inspect, diagnose, maintain, and operate test setups and equipment to detect malfunctions.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- customer service
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Program testing software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Operating system software
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
certificate after high school or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Automotive Engineering Technicians
- Avionics Technicians
- Calibration Technologists & Technicians
- Electro-Mechanical & Mechatronics Technologists & Technicians
- Mechanical Engineering Technologists & Technicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about aerospace engineering and operations technologists and technicians.