Electrical Engineering Technologists
Design Tech, Engineering Tech, Engineering Technologist, Technologist
see titles from the Air Force, Army, or Coast Guard.
Electrical Power Production; Electrical Power Production Apprentice; Electrical Power Production Craftsman; Electrical Power Production Helper; Electrical Power Production Journeyman; Electrical Systems; Electrical Systems Apprentice; Electrical Systems Craftsman; Electrical Systems Helper; Electrical Systems Journeyman
Aircraft Electrician; Construction Engineering Technician; Interior Electrician
Avionics Electrical Technician
What they do:
Assist electrical engineers in such activities as process control, electrical power distribution, or instrumentation design. May prepare layouts of electrical transmission or distribution systems, supervise the flow of work, estimate project costs, or participate in research studies.
On the job, you would:
- Diagnose, test, or analyze the performance of electrical components, assemblies, or systems.
- Review electrical engineering plans to ensure adherence to design specifications and compliance with applicable electrical codes and standards.
- Calculate design specifications or cost, material, and resource estimates, and prepare project schedules and budgets.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
- computers and electronics
Arts and Humanities
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by writing
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- PTC Mathcad
- The MathWorks MATLAB
Development environment software
- National Instruments LabVIEW
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Bentley Microstation