Research Associate, Research Scientist, Research Specialist, Social Scientist
Select a military branch to see samples.
All Source Intelligence Analyst; All Source Intelligence Analyst Apprentice; All Source Intelligence Analyst Craftsman; All Source Intelligence Analyst Helper; All Source Intelligence Analyst Journeyman; Human Intelligence Specialist; Human Intelligence Specialist Apprentice; Human Intelligence Specialist Craftsman; Human Intelligence Specialist Helper
All Source Intelligence Technician; Area Intelligence Technician; Military Government; Psychological Operations; Psychological Operations Specialist; Research PsychologyNo similar titles were found.
Counterintelligence/Human Intelligence (CI/HUMINT) Specialist; Counterintelligence/Human Source Intelligence (CI/HUMINT) Operations Officer; Counterintelligence/Human Source Intelligence Officer; Influence Officer; Intelligence Operations and Fusion Warrant Officer; Psychological Operations (PSYOP) Non-Commissioned Officer; Psychological Operations (PSYOP) Officer; Psychological Operations (PSYOP) Specialist
Advance Operational Support Specialist; Advanced Military Source Operations (MSO) Specialist; CI/HUMINT Cyber Specialist; Cyberspace Language Analyst Operator; Defense Interrogator; East Asia Area Specialist; Instructor, Academic (Social Science); Naval Attache (Assistant); Navy HUMINT; Operational Support SpecialistNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Study human society and social behavior by examining the groups and social institutions that people form, as well as various social, religious, political, and business organizations. May study the behavior and interaction of groups, trace their origin and growth, and analyze the influence of group activities on individual members.
On the job, you would:
- Analyze and interpret data to increase the understanding of human social behavior.
- Collect data about the attitudes, values, and behaviors of people in groups, using observation, interviews, and review of documents.
- Prepare publications and reports containing research findings.
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- history and archeology
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- teaching people how to do something
- communicate by speaking
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- IBM SPSS Statistics
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft Access
- QSR International NVivo
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Anthropologists & Archeologists
- Political Scientists
- Social Science Research Assistants
- Social Work Teachers, Postsecondary
- Sociology Teachers, Postsecondary
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about sociologists.