Chemical Technician, Laboratory Analyst (Lab Analyst), Laboratory Technician (Lab Tech), Quality Control Technician (QC Tech)
Select a military branch to see samples.
Bioenvironmental Engineer; Bioenvironmental Engineer, Architecture/Medical Construction; Bioenvironmental Engineer, General; Bioenvironmental Engineer, Industrial Hygiene; Emergency Management; Emergency Management Craftsman; Emergency Management Helper; Emergency Management Superintendent; Low Observable Aircraft Structural Maintenance Apprentice; Low Observable Aircraft Structural Maintenance Helper
Allied Sciences; Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN); Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Specialist; Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Warrant Officer; Medical Service Corps Officer; Nuclear and Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD); Petroleum Laboratory Specialist; Petroleum Systems Technician; Unit Supply SpecialistNo similar titles were found.
Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense Chief; Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense Specialist
Chemist; Medical Laboratory Scientist; Oil Analysis Operator/EvaluatorNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Conduct chemical and physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative and quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, and gaseous materials for research and development of new products or processes, quality control, maintenance of environmental standards, and other work involving experimental, theoretical, or practical application of chemistry and related sciences.
On the job, you would:
- Conduct chemical or physical laboratory tests to assist scientists in making qualitative or quantitative analyses of solids, liquids, or gaseous materials.
- Maintain, clean, or sterilize laboratory instruments or equipment.
- Monitor product quality to ensure compliance with standards and specifications.
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- using scientific rules and strategies to solve problems
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Oracle Database
- Structured query language SQL
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Object or component oriented development software
- Oracle Java
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
high school diploma/GED
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Calibration Technologists & Technicians
- Food Science Technicians
- Nanotechnology Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Quality Control Analysts
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about chemical technicians.