Chemical Plant & System Operators
Chemical Operator, Process Operator, Process Technician
see titles from the Army or Navy.
Cannon Crewmember; Cavalry Scout; Combat Engineer; Combat Medic Specialist; Wheeled Vehicle Repairer
Electrolytic Oxygen Generator (Model 6L16) Operator/Mechanical Maintainer; Low Pressure Electrolyzer (LPE) Operator
What they do:
Control or operate entire chemical processes or system of machines.
On the job, you would:
- Monitor recording instruments, flowmeters, panel lights, or other indicators and listen for warning signals to verify conformity of process conditions.
- Regulate or shut down equipment during emergency situations, as directed by supervisory personnel.
- Control or operate chemical processes or systems of machines, using panelboards, control boards, or semi-automatic equipment.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
Math and Science
Engineering and Technology
Arts and Humanities
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- pay attention to something without being distracted
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Industrial control software
- Alarm management system software
- Distributed control system DCS
Network security or virtual private network VPN management software
- Coordinated incident management system CIMS software
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries: