Power Plant Operators
Auxiliary Operator, Control Operator, Control Room Operator, Plant Control Operator
- Adjust controls to generate specified electrical power or to regulate the flow of power between generating stations and substations.
- Monitor power plant equipment and indicators to detect evidence of operating problems.
- Control generator output to match the phase, frequency, or voltage of electricity supplied to panels.
Engineering and Technology
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Industrial control software
- Distributed control system DCS
- Yokogawa FAST/TOOLS
certificate after high school
Get started on your career: