Occupational Health & Safety Technicians
Certified Industrial Hygienist (CIH), Construction Safety Consultant, Industrial Hygiene Consultant, Industrial Hygienist
Select a military branch to see samples.
Aerospace Medical Service; Aerospace Medical Service Journeyman, Neurodiagnostic Medical Technician; Aircraft Loadmaster; Aircraft Loadmaster Craftsman, C-5; Aircraft Loadmaster Journeyman, MC-130H; Dental Assistant Apprentice; General Medicine Officer (GMO) Flight Surgeon, Airlift; In-Flight Refueling Specialist Apprentice, KC-10; Pilot-Physician, Bomber; Residency Trained Flight Surgeon, Board eligible in emergency medicine
Ammunition Specialist; Ammunition Warrant Officer; Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Specialist; Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Warrant Officer; Explosive Ordnance Disposal Specialist; Food Safety Officer; Nuclear and Countering Weapons of Mass Destruction (CWMD); Occupational Medicine Officer; Preventive Medicine Specialist; Veterinary Biomedical Scientist
Boatswain Specialty; Boatswain's Mate; Damage Controlman; Gunner's Mate; Health Services Technician; Marine Safety Specialist Deck; Marine Safety Specialist Engineer; Marine Science Technician; Medical Administration Specialty; Safety and Environmental Health
Airborne and Air Delivery Specialist; Aviation Safety Officer; Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense Chief; Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Responder; Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense Specialist; Explosive Ordnance Disposal (EOD) Technician; Ground Ordnance Weapons Chief; Ground Safety Officer; Hazardous Material/Hazardous Waste (HM/HW) Officer; Hazardous Material/Hazardous Waste (HM/HW) Staff Noncommissioned Officer/Noncommissioned Officer
Aerospace Physiologist; Boatswain's Mate; Disaster Preparedness Officer; Flight Surgeon; Industrial Hygiene Officer; Preventive Medicine Officer; Preventive Medicine Technician; Radiation Health Technician; Safety Technician; Surface Safety Officer
Bioenvironmental Engineering; Bioenvironmental Engineering Craftsman; Bioenvironmental Engineering Manager; Pest Management; Pest Management Helper; Public Health Apprentice; Public Health Helper; Public Health Superintendent; Safety Apprentice; Safety Journeyman
What they do:Collect data on work environments for analysis by occupational health and safety specialists. Implement and conduct evaluation of programs designed to limit chemical, physical, biological, and ergonomic risks to workers.
On the job, you would:
- Test workplaces for environmental hazards, such as exposure to radiation, chemical or biological hazards, or excessive noise.
- Prepare or calibrate equipment used to collect or analyze samples.
- Maintain all required environmental records and documentation.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- customer service
- administrative services
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include data, detail, and regular routines.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Database software
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Education: (rated 3 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Environmental Science & Protection Technicians, Including Health
- Environmental Scientists & Specialists, Including Health
- Health & Safety Engineers
- Occupational Health & Safety Specialists
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about occupational health and safety technicians.