Environmental Science & Protection Technicians, Including Health
Environmental Technician (Environmental Tech), Laboratory Technician, Public Health Sanitarian, Sanitarian
Select a military branch to see samples.
Aerospace Medical Service; Aerospace Medical Service Craftsman; Aerospace Medical Service Helper, Flight and Operational Medical Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Journeyman, Neurodiagnostic Medical Technician; Bioenvironmental Engineer, Health Physics; Bioenvironmental Engineering Journeyman; Dental Assistant Helper; Emergency Management Helper; Health Services Management Craftsman, Health Information Technology; Public Health Craftsman
Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN); Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Specialist; Environmental Science and Engineering; Food Safety Officer; Medical Service Corps Officer; Preventive Medicine Sciences; Preventive Medicine Specialist; Veterinary Biomedical Scientist; Veterinary Corps Officer
Health Services Technician; Marine Environmental Response; Marine Safety Specialist Engineer; Marine Safety Specialist Response; Marine Science Technician; Medical Administration Specialty; Safety and Environmental Health
Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense Chief; Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Responder; Chemical, Biological, Radiological, and Nuclear (CBRN) Defense Specialist; Environmental Engineering Management Officer; Hazardous Material/Hazardous Waste (HM/HW) Officer; Hazardous Material/Hazardous Waste (HM/HW) Staff Noncommissioned Officer/Noncommissioned Officer
Aerospace Physiologist; Disaster Preparedness Officer; Environmental Health Officer; Industrial Hygiene Officer; Preventive Medicine Officer (Aerospace); Preventive Medicine Officer (Public Health); RL - Special Duty Officer (Oceanography); Radiation Health Technician; Safety Engineer; Special Warfare OperatorNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Perform laboratory and field tests to monitor the environment and investigate sources of pollution, including those that affect health, under the direction of an environmental scientist, engineer, or other specialist. May collect samples of gases, soil, water, and other materials for testing.
On the job, you would:
- Discuss test results and analyses with customers.
- Record test data and prepare reports, summaries, or charts that interpret test results.
- Develop or implement programs for monitoring of environmental pollution or radiation.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- law and government
- public safety and security
- customer service
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Geographic information system
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- ESRI ArcView
Video creation and editing software
Analytical or scientific software
- Visual OTTHYMO
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Brownfield Redevelopment Specialists & Site Managers
- Environmental Compliance Inspectors
- Environmental Engineering Technologists & Technicians
- Environmental Engineers
- Environmental Scientists & Specialists, Including Health
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about environmental science and protection technicians, including health.