Environmental Engineering Technicians
Air Quality Instrument Specialist, Environmental Specialist, Environmental Technician, Haz Tech (Hazardous Technician)
see titles from the Air Force, Coast Guard, or Marine Corps.
Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Apprentice; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Craftsman; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Helper; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Journeyman
Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance
Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Apprentice; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Craftsman; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Helper; Water and Fuel Systems Maintenance Journeyman
What they do:
Apply theory and principles of environmental engineering to modify, test, and operate equipment and devices used in the prevention, control, and remediation of environmental problems, including waste treatment and site remediation, under the direction of engineering staff or scientist. May assist in the development of environmental remediation devices.
On the job, you would:
- Maintain project logbook records or computer program files.
- Record laboratory or field data, including numerical data, test results, photographs, or summaries of visual observations.
- Perform environmental quality work in field or office settings.
Engineering and Technology
- product and service development
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- read and understand what is written
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Hazardous materials management HMS software
- Material safety data sheet MSDS software
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D