Geography Teachers, Postsecondary
Also called: Associate Professor, Geography Instructor, Geography Professor, Professor
In the Army: USMA, Professor of Geography and Environmental Engineering
- Prepare course materials, such as syllabi, homework assignments, and handouts.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students on topics such as urbanization, environmental systems, and cultural geography.
- Conduct research in a particular field of knowledge and publish findings in professional journals, books, or electronic media.
- English language
- history and archeology
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- teaching and course design
- computers and electronics
- talking to others
- writing things for co-workers or customers
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
- Blackboard Learn