Philosophy & Religion Teachers, Postsecondary
Assistant Professor, Philosophy Professor, Professor, Religion Professor
see titles from the Air Force or Navy.
Religious Affairs; Religious Affairs Apprentice; Religious Affairs Craftsman; Religious Affairs Helper; Religious Affairs Journeyman; Religious Affairs Superintendent
SC - Chaplain Corps
What they do:
Teach courses in philosophy, religion, and theology. Includes both teachers primarily engaged in teaching and those who do a combination of teaching and research.
On the job, you would:
- Evaluate and grade students' class work, assignments, and papers.
- Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions.
- Prepare and deliver lectures to undergraduate or graduate students and the community on topics such as ethics, logic, and contemporary religious thought.
Arts and Humanities
- philisophy and religion
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- sociology and anthropology
Safety and Government
- reading work related information
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- measuring how well a system is working and how to improve it
- communicate by speaking
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer based training software
- Blackboard Learn
- Learning management system LMS
Word processing software
- Google Docs
- Microsoft Word
Data base user interface and query software
- Data entry software
- InteLext Past Masters
doctoral degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries: