Secondary School Teachers
English Teacher, Mathematics Instructor (Math Instructor), Social Studies Teacher, Teacher
Select a military branch to see samples.
Air Force Reserve Officer Training Corps Detachment Commander and Professor of Aerospace Studies; Premier Band - The USAF Band; Regional Band Apprentice, Clarinet; Regional Band Apprentice, Steel Guitar; Regional Band Craftsman, Bassoon; Regional Band Craftsman, Saxophone; Regional Band Helper, Bagpipe; Regional Band Helper, Piano; Regional Band Journeyman, Audio Engineer; Regional Band Journeyman, Percussion
Army Music; USMA, Professor; USMA, Professor and Associate Dean; USMA, Professor of Chemistry; USMA, Professor of English; USMA, Professor of History; USMA, Professor of Mathematical Sciences; USMA, Professor of Physics; USMA, Professor of Social Sciences
Formal School Instructor; Formal School Officer Instructor
Advanced Command and Staff School Instructor; Instructor; Instructor Training Officer; Instructor, Academic; Instructor, Academic (Physical Science); Instructor, Academic (Social Science); LDO - Bandmaster; Musician; Professional Development InstructorNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Teach one or more subjects to students at the secondary school level.
On the job, you would:
- Prepare materials and classrooms for class activities.
- Instruct through lectures, discussions, and demonstrations in one or more subjects, such as English, mathematics, or social studies.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects, and communicate those objectives to students.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- talking to others
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- notice when problems happen
- remember words, numbers, pictures, or steps
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Cloud-based data access and sharing software
- Google Drive
- Microsoft SharePoint
Computer based training software
Video creation and editing software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Adult Basic Education, Adult Secondary Education, & English as a Second Language Instructors
- Elementary School Teachers
- Middle School Teachers
- Special Education Teachers, Elementary School
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about secondary school teachers.