Adult Basic Education, Adult Secondary Education, & English as a Second Language Instructors
Adult Basic Education Instructor (ABE Instructor), ESL Instructor (English as a Second Language Instructor), GED Instructor (General Educational Development Instructor), Teacher
Select a military branch to see samples.
Education And Training; Education And Training Apprentice; Education And Training Craftsman; Education And Training Helper; Education And Training Superintendent; Education and Training Journeyman
USMA, Professor; USMA, Professor and Associate Dean; USMA, Professor of English; USMA, Professor of Foreign LanguagesNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
What they do:Teach or instruct out-of-school youths and adults in basic education, literacy, or English as a Second Language classes, or in classes for earning a high school equivalency credential.
On the job, you would:
- Observe and evaluate students' work to determine progress and make suggestions for improvement.
- Observe students to determine qualifications, limitations, abilities, interests, and other individual characteristics.
- Establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, and projects and communicate those objectives to students.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- customer service
- administrative services
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- teaching people how to do something
- understanding people's reactions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- communicate by speaking
- communicate by writing
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Self Control
- Concern for Others
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Google Workspace software
- Microsoft Office software
Computer based training software
- Blackboard software
Multi-media educational software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Elementary School Teachers
- Middle School Teachers
- Special Education Teachers, Elementary School
- Special Education Teachers, Kindergarten
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about adult basic education, adult secondary education, and english as a second language instructors.