Doctor of Dental Surgery (DDS), Maxillofacial Prosthodontist, Prosthodontist, Removable Prosthodontist
Select a military branch to see samples.
Dental Laboratory; Dental Laboratory Craftsman; Dental Laboratory Journeyman; Dentist, Comprehensive; Dentist, General Clinical; Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology (OMR); Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon; Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon, Maxillofacial Reconstruction; Prosthodonist, Maxillofacial Prosthetics; Prosthodontist, Area Dental Laboratory
Comprehensive Dentist; Dental Corps Officer; Endodontist; Executive Dentist; General Dentist; Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon; Orthodontist; Pediatric Dentist; Periodontist; ProsthodontistNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
Comprehensive Dentist; Dental Hygienist; Dental Laboratory Technician (Advanced); Dental Laboratory Technician (Maxillofacial); Dental Laboratory Technician, Basic; Dental Laboratory Technician, Maxillofacial; Maxillofacial Prosthetist; Oral Maxillofacial Surgeon; Oral and Maxillofacial Radiology; Prosthodontics
Prosthodonist; Prosthodonist, Maxillofacial Prosthetics; Prosthodontist; Prosthodontist, Area Dental Laboratory; Prosthodontist, Dental Materials; Prosthodontist, Maxillofacial Prosthetics
What they do:Diagnose, treat, rehabilitate, design, and fit prostheses that maintain oral function, health, and appearance for patients with clinical conditions associated with teeth, oral and maxillofacial tissues, or the jaw.
On the job, you would:
- Measure and take impressions of patients' jaws and teeth to determine the shape and size of dental prostheses, using face bows, dental articulators, recording devices, and other materials.
- Replace missing teeth and associated oral structures with permanent fixtures, such as implant-supported prostheses, crowns and bridges, or removable fixtures, such as dentures.
- Design and fabricate dental prostheses, or supervise dental technicians and laboratory bench workers who construct the devices.
- medicine and dentistry
- customer service
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Hand and Finger Use
- put together small parts with your fingers
- hold or move items with your hands
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- pay attention to something without being distracted
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
- Henry Schein Dentrix
- Practice-Web Dental
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Image management software
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
post-doctoral training or
Get started on your career:
- Dentists, General
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Orthopedic Surgeons
- Pediatric Surgeons
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about prosthodontists.