General Pediatrician, Group Practice Pediatrician, Medical Doctor (MD), Physician
Select a military branch to see samples.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN); Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), Adult Psychiatric and Mental Health Nurse Practitioner; Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist; Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN), Women's Health Care Nurse Practitioner; Family Physician, Pain Management; Pediatrician; Pediatrician, Cardiology; Pediatrician, Endocrinology; Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases; Pediatrician, Neurology
Certified Nurse Midwife; Family Medicine; Family Nurse Practitioner; Nurse Corps Officer; Obstetrics and Gynecologic Nurse; Pediatric Sub-Specialist; PediatricianNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
Family Physician; Pediatrician; Pediatrics, General; Pediatrics, Subspecialty
Critical Care Medicine; Critical Care Medicine, Anesthesia; Pediatrician, Adolescent Medicine; Pediatrician, Cardiology; Pediatrician, Developmental Pediatrics; Pediatrician, Endocrinology; Pediatrician, Hematology; Pediatrician, Neonatology; Pediatrician, Nephrology; Pediatrician, Pulmonology
What they do:Diagnose, treat, and help prevent diseases and injuries in children. May refer patients to specialists for further diagnosis or treatment, as needed.
On the job, you would:
- Prescribe or administer treatment, therapy, medication, vaccination, and other specialized medical care to treat or prevent illness, disease, or injury in infants and children.
- Examine children regularly to assess their growth and development.
- Treat children who have minor illnesses, acute and chronic health problems, and growth and development concerns.
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
- customer service
- human resources (HR)
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- talking to others
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- pay attention to something without being distracted
- do two or more things at the same time
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Self Control
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- eClinicalWorks EHR software
- MEDITECH software
Information retrieval or search software
- Drug reference software
- Medical information databases
Electronic mail software
- Email software
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
post-doctoral training or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Family Medicine Physicians
- General Internal Medicine Physicians
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about pediatricians, general.