Hospitalist, Hospitalist Medical Doctor (Hospitalist MD), MD (Medical Doctor), Physician
Select a military branch to see samples.
Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN); Aerospace Medical Service Apprentice, Allergy/Immunization Technician; Aerospace Medical Service Helper, Flight and Operational Medical Technician; Aerospace Medicine Physician Specialist, Bomber; Critical Care Medicine, Anesthesia; Family Physician, Sports Medicine; General Medicine Officer (GMO) Flight Surgeon, Trainer; Physician Assistant; Pilot-Physician, C2ISREW; Residency Trained Flight Surgeon, Board eligible in family medicine
Certified Nurse Midwife; Critical Care Nursing; Emergency Nursing; Emergency Physician; Flight Surgeon; Medical Corps Officer; Medical Specialist Corps Officer; Nurse Corps Officer; Operational Medicine; Physician Assistant
Physician AssistantNo similar titles were found.
Critical Care Nurse; Emergency Medical Specialist; Emergency/Trauma Nurse; Family Physician; Flight Surgeon; General Practice Medical Officer; General Surgeon; Neurosurgeon; Orthopedic Surgeon; Physician's Assistant
Critical Care Medicine; Critical Care Medicine, Emergency Medicine; Critical Care Medicine, Internal Medicine; Critical Care Medicine, Neurology; Critical Care Medicine, Pediatrics; Critical Care Medicine, Surgery
What they do:Provide inpatient care predominantly in settings such as medical wards, acute care units, intensive care units, rehabilitation centers, or emergency rooms. Manage and coordinate patient care throughout treatment.
On the job, you would:
- Diagnose, treat, or provide continuous care to hospital inpatients.
- Prescribe medications or treatment regimens to hospital inpatients.
- Order or interpret the results of tests such as laboratory tests and radiographs (x-rays).
- medicine and dentistry
- therapy and counseling
Math and Science
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- figuring out how to use new ideas or things
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- understanding people's reactions
- looking for ways to help people
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
- see hidden patterns
- quickly know what you are looking at
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Concern for Others
- Stress Tolerance
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
- Epic Systems
- MEDITECH software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Excel
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
post-doctoral training or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Clinical Nurse Specialists
- Emergency Medicine Physicians
- Family Medicine Physicians
- General Internal Medicine Physicians
- Nurse Practitioners
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about hospitalists.