Physical Therapist Aides
Physical Therapist Aide (PTA), Physical Therapy Aide (PTA), PT Tech (Physical Therapy Technician), Rehabilitation Technician (Rehabilitation Tech)
- Clean and organize work area and disinfect equipment after treatment.
- Secure patients into or onto therapy equipment.
- Instruct, motivate, safeguard, or assist patients practicing exercises or functional activities, under direction of medical staff.
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- therapy and counseling
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- looking for ways to help people
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
People interested in this work like activities that include helping people, teaching, and talking.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Concern for Others
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Epic Systems
- MEDITECH software
- Microsoft Excel
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
Get started on your career: