Fish & Game Wardens
Game Warden, Natural Resource Officer, State Game Warden, Wildlife Officer
Select a military branch to see samples.
Security Forces; Security Forces Apprentice, Combat Arms; Security Forces Craftsman; Security Forces Helper, Military Working Dog Handler; Security Forces Journeyman, Combat Arms; Security Forces Superintendent; Special Reconnaissance Craftsman; Special Reconnaissance Journeyman; Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) Apprentice; Tactical Air Control Party (TACP) Helper
Investigations; Investigator; Living Marine Resource; Marine Safety Specialist Response; Maritime Law Enforcement Specialist; Maritime Law Enforcement/PWCSNo similar titles were found.
Law Enforcement and Security Officer, AfloatNo similar titles were found.
What they do:Patrol assigned area to prevent fish and game law violations. Investigate reports of damage to crops or property by wildlife. Compile biological data.
On the job, you would:
- Patrol assigned areas by car, boat, airplane, horse, or on foot to enforce game, fish, or boating laws or to manage wildlife programs, lakes, or land.
- Compile and present evidence for court actions.
- Investigate hunting accidents or reports of fish or game law violations.
Safety and Government
- law and government
- public safety and security
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- customer service
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- notice when problems happen
- see hidden patterns
- quickly know what you are looking at
- do two or more things at the same time
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Configuration management software
Education: (rated 4 of 5)
bachelor's degree or
high school diploma/GED
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Conservation Scientists
- Forest & Conservation Technicians
- Forest Fire Inspectors & Prevention Specialists
- Park Naturalists
- Range Managers
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about fish and game wardens.