Forest & Conservation Workers
Forest Ranger, Forestry Support Specialist, Tree Farmer, Tree Planter
- Check equipment to ensure that it is operating properly.
- Fight forest fires or perform prescribed burning tasks under the direction of fire suppression officers or forestry technicians.
- Perform fire protection or suppression duties, such as constructing fire breaks or disposing of brush.
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Safety and Government
- public safety and security
- customer service
Math and Science
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Geographic information system
- ESRI ArcGIS software
- Geographic information system GIS software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- IBM Lotus 1-2-3
- Microsoft Excel
Get started on your career: