Securities & Commodities Traders
Broker, Equity Trader, Option Trader, Trader
What they do:
Buy and sell securities and commodities to transfer debt, capital, or risk. Establish and negotiate unit prices and terms of sale.
On the job, you would:
- Make bids or offers to buy or sell securities.
- Monitor markets or positions.
- Agree on buying or selling prices at optimal levels for clients.
- accounting and economics
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
- bringing people together to solve differences
- talking people into changing their minds or their behavior
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Financial analysis software
- Bloomberg Professional
- BondDesk Group Trader WorkStation
Object or component oriented development software
Operating system software
bachelor's degree or
high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
per year, on average
You might like a career in one of these industries: