Investment Fund Managers
Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, Fixed Income Vice President (Fixed Income VP), Investment Analysis Vice President (Investment Analysis VP), Portfolio Manager
Select a military branch to see samples.
Financial ManagementNo similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found. No similar titles were found.
What they do:Plan, direct, or coordinate investment strategy or operations for a large pool of liquid assets supplied by institutional investors or individual investors.
On the job, you would:
- Manage investment funds to maximize return on client investments.
- Select specific investments or investment mixes for purchase by an investment fund.
- Monitor financial or operational performance of individual investments to ensure portfolios meet risk goals.
- accounting and economics
- customer service
Arts and Humanities
- English language
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Safety and Government
- law and government
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- reading work related information
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
Ideas and Logic
- use rules to solve problems
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- see hidden patterns
People interested in this work like activities that include leading, making decisions, and business.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Stress Tolerance
You might use software like this on the job:
Analytical or scientific software
- Statistical analysis software
- Microsoft PowerPoint
Financial analysis software
- Oracle Hyperion Planning
- SunGard Financial Systems AddVantage
Education: (rated 5 of 5)
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
Local Salary Info
- Financial & Investment Analysts
- Financial Managers
- Financial Risk Specialists
- Personal Financial Advisors
- Securities, Commodities, & Financial Services Sales Agents
You might like a career in one of these industries:
See more details at O*NET OnLine about investment fund managers.