Financial Quantitative Analysts
Global Credit Quantitative Analysis Head, Investment Strategist, Portfolio Manager, Quantitative Analyst
see titles from the Air Force.
Financial Management and Comptroller; Financial Management and Comptroller Apprentice; Financial Management and Comptroller Craftsman; Financial Management and Comptroller Helper; Financial Management and Comptroller Journeyman; Financial Management and Comptroller Superintendent
What they do:
Develop quantitative financial products used to inform individuals or financial institutions engaged in saving, lending, investing, borrowing, or managing risk. Investigate methods for financial analysis to create mathematical models used to develop improved analytical tools or advanced financial investment instruments.
On the job, you would:
- Develop core analytical capabilities or model libraries, using advanced statistical, quantitative, or econometric techniques.
- Provide application or analytical support to researchers or traders on issues such as valuations or data.
- Research or develop analytical tools to address issues such as portfolio construction or optimization, performance measurement, attribution, profit and loss measurement, or pricing models.
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Engineering and Technology
- computers and electronics
- product and service development
Arts and Humanities
- using math to solve problems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- figuring out how a system should work and how changes in the future will affect it
- choose the right type of math to solve a problem
- add, subtract, multiply, or divide
- listen and understand what people say
- read and understand what is written
Ideas and Logic
- make general rules or come up with answers from lots of detailed information
- use rules to solve problems
People interested in this work like activities that include ideas, thinking, and figuring things out.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Analytical Thinking
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Object or component oriented development software
Analytical or scientific software
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft Access
- Structured query language SQL
master's degree or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are very likely in the future.
You might like a career in one of these industries: