First-Line Supervisors of Agricultural Crop & Horticultural Workers
Farm Owner Operator, Field Operations Farm Manager, Grower, Pest Management Supervisor
see titles from the Army.
Cannon Crewmember; Cavalry Scout; Combat Engineer; Combat Medic Specialist; Intelligence Analyst; Military Police; Unit Supply Specialist; Wheeled Vehicle Repairer
What they do:
Directly supervise and coordinate activities of agricultural crop or horticultural workers.
On the job, you would:
- Assign duties, such as cultivation, irrigation, or harvesting of crops or plants, product packaging or grading, or equipment maintenance.
- Train workers in techniques such as planting, harvesting, weeding, or insect identification and in the use of safety measures.
- Confer with managers to evaluate weather or soil conditions, to develop plans or procedures, or to discuss issues such as changes in fertilizers, herbicides, or cultivating techniques.
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- food production
- customer service
Math and Science
Education and Training
- teaching and course design
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
People and Technology Systems
- thinking about the pros and cons of different options and picking the best one
- changing what is done based on other people's actions
- understanding people's reactions
- communicate by speaking
- listen and understand what people say
Ideas and Logic
- notice when problems happen
- use rules to solve problems
- see hidden patterns
- quickly compare groups of letters, numbers, pictures, or other things
Hearing and Speech
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
Word processing software
high school diploma/GED or
Get started on your career:
New job opportunities are less likely in the future.
- Crushing, Grinding, & Polishing Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- First-Line Supervisors of Landscaping, Lawn Service, & Groundskeeping Workers
- First-Line Supervisors of Production & Operating Workers
- Separating, Filtering, Clarifying, Precipitating, & Still Machine Setters, Operators, & Tenders
- Service Unit Operators, Oil, Gas, & Mining
You might like a career in one of these industries: