Animal Technician, Artificial Insemination Technician (AI Technician), Breeder, Dog Breeder
- Feed and water animals, and clean and disinfect pens, cages, yards, and hutches.
- Observe animals in heat to detect approach of estrus and exercise animals to induce or hasten estrus, if necessary.
- Treat minor injuries and ailments and contact veterinarians to obtain treatment for animals with serious illnesses or injuries.
- customer service
- sales and marketing
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- thinking about the pros and cons of different ways to solve a problem
- figuring out how to use new ideas or things
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- put together small parts with your fingers
- listen and understand what people say
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
- Self Control
You might use software like this on the job:
Data base user interface and query software
- Microsoft Access
Graphics or photo imaging software
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
Electronic mail software
- Email software
- Microsoft Outlook
Get started on your career: