Floor Covering Contractor, Floor Coverings Installer, Flooring Installer, Vinyl Installer
- Sweep, scrape, sand, or chip dirt and irregularities to clean base surfaces, correcting imperfections that may show through the covering.
- Cut flooring material to fit around obstructions.
- Inspect surface to be covered to ensure that it is firm and dry.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Manufactured or Agricultural Goods
- manufacture and distribution of products
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- keep your arm or hand steady
- hold or move items with your hands
- listen and understand what people say
- communicate by speaking
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office software
Data base user interface and query software
- Aya Associates Comp-U-Floor
- Textile Management Systems RollMaster
Project management software
- CPR Software FloorCOST Estimator for Excel
- Measure Square FloorEstimate Pro
Get started on your career: