Insulation Workers, Floor, Ceiling, & Wall
Insulation Estimator, Insulation Installer, Insulator, Retrofit Installer
- Measure and cut insulation for covering surfaces, using tape measures, handsaws, power saws, knives, or scissors.
- Fit, wrap, staple, or glue insulating materials to structures or surfaces, using hand tools or wires.
- Cover and line structures with blown or rolled forms of materials to insulate against cold, heat, or moisture, using saws, knives, rasps, trowels, blowers, or other tools and implements.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- customer service
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- talking to others
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Data base user interface and query software
- CMSN FieldPAK
- Comput-Ability Mechanical Insulation Key Estimator
Electronic mail software
- Microsoft Outlook
no high school diploma/GED
Get started on your career: