Helpers--Pipelayers, Plumbers, Pipefitters, & Steamfitters
- Measure, cut, thread and assemble new pipe, placing the assembled pipe in hangers or other supports.
- Cut or drill holes in walls or floors to accommodate the passage of pipes.
- Perform rough-ins, repair and replace fixtures and water heaters, and locate, repair, or remove leaking or broken pipes.
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- customer service
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
Arts and Humanities
- English language
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
- Microsoft Excel
Office suite software
- Microsoft Office software
Word processing software
- Microsoft Word
certificate after high school
Get started on your career:
- Helpers--Installation, Maintenance, & Repair Workers
- Helpers--Painters, Paperhangers, Plasterers, & Stucco Masons
- Plumbers, Pipefitters, & Steamfitters
You might like a career in one of these industries: