Fence Builder, Fence Erector, Fence Installer, Fence Laborer
see titles from the Air Force or Navy.
Pavements and Construction Equipment; Pavements and Construction Equipment Apprentice; Pavements and Construction Equipment Craftsman; Pavements and Construction Equipment Helper; Pavements and Construction Equipment Journeyman
What they do:
Erect and repair fences and fence gates, using hand and power tools.
On the job, you would:
- Establish the location for a fence, and gather information needed to ensure that there are no electric cables or water lines in the area.
- Set metal or wooden posts in upright positions in postholes.
- Measure and lay out fence lines and mark posthole positions, following instructions, drawings, or specifications.
- customer service
Engineering and Technology
- building and construction
- movement of people or goods by air, rail, sea, or road
Math and Science
- arithmetic, algebra, geometry, calculus, or statistics
- keeping track of how well people and/or groups are doing in order to make improvements
- listening to others, not interrupting, and asking good questions
- noticing a problem and figuring out the best way to solve it
Hand and Finger Use
- hold or move items with your hands
- keep your arm or hand steady
- exercise for a long time without getting out of breath
- use your lower back and stomach
- lift, push, pull, or carry
- use your arms and/or legs together while sitting, standing, or lying down
People interested in this work like activities that include practical, hands-on problems and solutions.
They do well at jobs that need:
- Attention to Detail
You might use software like this on the job:
Computer aided design CAD software
- Autodesk AutoCAD
- Cutlist Plus fx
Project management software
- Maxwell Systems American Contractor
- Software Design Associates Computer Fencing System CFS